What is ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis)?
Applied means that we focus on socially significant behaviors that can interfere with a persons’ ability to learn, interact with others, and function independently in different environments.
In behavior analytic terms ‘behavior’ refers to anything that a person does. (i.e. talk, eat, play, academic learning, etc.)
Analysis, a very important aspect of ABA, refers to the fact that we collect data during each session and analyze the data to determine progress and future courses of action.
What populations do we work with?
Below is a list of common diagnoses that we serve. This is not a complete list so please contact us if you have questions.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Neurological Trauma
- Down’s Syndrome
- Neurotypical Children who present with problem behaviors
- Global Developmental Delays
- Communication Disorders
- Developmental Disorders
What ABA services do we offer?
- In clinic therapy
- In home therapy (subject to availability)
- In school therapy (subject to school approval)
- In Community therapy
- Consultation services conducted in homes, clinics, schools, etc.
*All services are provided as part of a comprehensive approach. At Great Strides, your child’s therapists’, from multiple disciplines can talk, meet, and consult on a continual basis.
Examples of Specific Skills we Target:
- Receptive and Expressive language
- Early Reading
- Early Math
- Independent Work
- Appropriate Play Skills
- Reducing problem behaviors such as aggression, self-injury, and property destruction
- Classroom Routines and miscellaneous skills
- Community Based Functional Skills
- Hair cut desensitization
- Behavioral food aversions
- Social interaction with peers
- Social interaction with siblings
Please call us if you do not see what you are looking for. If we are unable to help you we can refer you to someone who can. How can you contact us?
Please contact the ABA Director, Candy Hurst M.Ed., BCBA
By phone: (904)886-3228 ext.304
By email: email@example.com